Minutes 8 September 2020
Minutes of the Frithville with Westville Parish Council Meeting remotely held Tuesday 8th September 2020 commencing at 7.30pm
PRESENT: Cllr J Portess presiding as Chairman
Cllr G Petchell Cllr N Portess Cllr A Berwick
LCC/ELDC Cllr T Ashton (left at 7.43pm)
Clerk – S Knowles
There was one member of the public present
LCC/ELDC Cllr T Ashton apologised for his appearance as was currently harvesting and asked if he could speak before his agenda item to enable to continue with his work. He reported the following:
- • Currently there is a proposal of reorganisation of localising local councils. More information on this process would be known at a later date.
- • The sharing management of East Lindsey District Council and Boston Borough Council is moving ahead with reshuffling of department heads working between both councils.
- • A trial of an additional bin for dried paper and card within the BBC and South Holland area has seemed successful and will be rolled out across all Lincolnshire by 2024.
The headmaster of Frithville Primary school reported the following:
- • The Primary school official reopened last week with Reception and Year 3 pupils, with the remaining years starting yesterday with all going well at the moment. All staff are doing a good job under the interesting conditions.
- • There is a reduction in the number of pupils this year with eleven Year 6 pupils leaving and only four Reception year starting. Feel this may because of the current climate that parents where only able to see the school virtually instead of in person. Considering putting a banner on the bridge reminding everyone that the school is there.
Cllr N Portess asked How has the current climate effected the staffing? The headmaster replied that Everything is ok, being an academy has helped.
Cllr J Portess asked Does the school have much social media activity? The headmaster replied that the PTA has a Facebook page, where as the school has a Twitter account and a website which is currently being redesigned.
1. REMARKS BY CHAIRMAN
Cllr J Portess welcomed all those that were able to attend.
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND REASONS GIVEN
Cllrs Clark, Needs, Crawford and Maidens forwarded their apologies for absence of which the Parish Councillors were aware of the reasons of which it was resolved to accept these reasons.
3. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011, AND TO CONSIDER ANY APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATIONS IN RELATION TO DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS
There were no declarations received
4. NOTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 14th JULY 2020 TO BE APPROVED AS THE MINUTES AND TO BE SIGNED BY THE CHAIRMAN
It was proposed by Cllr N Portess, seconded by Cllr Petchell and resolved to accept these notes as a true and accurate record.
5. REPORT FROM ANY OUTSIDE BODIES
The report was given earlier in the meeting.
6. POLICE MATTERS
According to the Police.uk website the following incidents were reported:
Two incidents were reported near to Thacker’s Road
1 x Anti-sociable behaviour
No crime details are given for this type of incident.
1 x Criminal Damage & Arson
Unable to prosecute suspect, this could be for several reasons, e.g. the prosecution considers there is insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.
1 x Anti-sociable behaviour was reported near to Westville Road
No crime details are given for this type of incident.
1 x Violence or Sexual Offence near to Park View.
Unable to prosecute suspect. This could be for several reasons, e.g. the prosecution considers there is insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.
It was asked why when a speed check is done that it is always on the Boston Road B1183 road and not along West Fen Drainside especially near to the school.
It was reported that resurfacing within Frithville and Richardson’s Bridge is to be taking place in November.
Concerns were raised about parts of the bankside being hacked back as it has left quite a mess.
Serious attention needs to be considered in Hale Lane as it is getting worse with subsidence in several areas.
One planning application N/110/01435/20 – Notice Under Article 38 of Proposal for a Coastal Zone Local Development Order granting planning permission – Land situated within Coastal East Lindsey as defined by SP17 of the adopted East Lindsey Local Plan 2018 has been received since the compiling of the agenda and has been circulated to among the Planning Forum for their observations.
a. Report on any Planning application Information/Decisions
There were no information or planning application decisions to report.
9. PARISH MATTERS
a. Car Park update
Cllrs Clark and J Portess met to assess the car park. New euro bins were in place but feels it encourages more to use them. Cllr J Portess asked if these should remain or consider having the bins totally removed. It was felt that the bins should remain as without them it would mean more fly tipping in the area.
Cllr N Portess reported that the bins at Carrington seem to be used less than those in Frithville but this maybe because there are not visible from the roadside.
The condition of the car park is a Health and Safety issue thereby looking into getting a quote for resurfacing it.
Also look to sending out tenders for maintaining the grass and vegetation within the car park and its perimeter. Though this will need to be budgeted for.
b. Update on Willow Tree cut
The clerk had forwarded correspondence asking for information on when the finalisation of the Willow Tree will be completed of which to date no reply had been received. The balance of the Invoice from DW Landscapes of £480 remains unpaid until the work is done.
10. FINANCIAL MATTERS
a. Financial Report
Before any further payments are made the balance of the Treasury account is £4547.69 and that of the Reserve account is £4172.14
b. To approve payments to be made Payee
Reason for payment
Clerk’s Salary (Aug-Sept)
It was proposed by Cllr Petchell, seconded by Cllr Berwick and resolved that these payments should be made.
The following correspondence has been received:
• ELDC e-messenger for July and August 2020
• ELDC Town & Parish August 2020 Newsletter
• Email from ELDC re Council’s target to reduce its environmental impact
• LCC Town & Parish July & August 2020 Newsletter
• LALC Weekly News 10th August and 24th August 2020
• LALC Weekly News 7th September 2020
12. ANY OTHER MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION ONLY
Thanks, was given to Cllr N Portess for refurbishing the bus shelter.
The grass along the bankside needs cutting on both sides as is looking untidy and has not been officially cut in this area for at least two years. Asked if this will be considered in the future.
13. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
The next Frithville with Westville Parish Council meeting is scheduled to be held remotely on Tuesday 10th November 2020.
There being no further business the meeting finished at 8.25pm